It’s that time of year again. My boys are both looking forward to and dreading going back to school. It’s a time to capture growth and change from year to year. Here are some tips for taking photos on the first day of school.
- Begin the day with a picture of your child in bed asleep.
- Your child in the same place year by year to show how he has grown since last year. (see above)
- Getting ready (getting dressed, brushing teeth, packing their lunch, etc.).
- The school.
- Your child beside the school marquee.
- Pose your child by any sign that says “Welcome to the X Grade”. (A variation on this is below by Molly Hoover. Year by year as your child grows, the chalk sign can get smaller and be in different places.)
- Snap a photo of the blackboard with the date and teacher’s name.
- Take a photo of your child beside and in his desk.
- Take a photo of the school clock when your child arrives.
- Take one last picture of your child waving good-bye to you – in their classroom (if they let you go that far), exiting the car at school or getting on the school bus.
- Snap a photo of your child doing her first homework assignment (Be sure and keep a copy of the homework to mount in child’s School Days Album along with the photo. Better yet, scan the homework and then toss the paper!)
Here are two other blog posts we found with some other fun ideas from Rocket City Mom and I Heart Faces What other photos do you take at the beginning of the school year?