Taking pictures of your child(ren) heading off to school year by year captures some great memories and gives you a look at how much change is happening from year to year. You can be as creative as you like.
Being consistent from year to year will give you a great series of photos through the years to use at graduation. Here are a few back-to-school ideas for you:
1. Begin the day with a picture of your child in bed asleep
2. Your child in the same place year by year to show how he has grown since last year. (see above)
3. Getting ready (getting dressed, brushing teeth, packing their lunch, etc.).
4. The school.
5. Your child beside the school marquee.
6. Pose your child by any sign that says “Welcome to the X Grade”. (A variation on this is below – photo by Molly Hoover. Year by year as your child grows, the chalk sign can get smaller and be in different places.)
7. Snap a photo of the blackboard with the date and teacher’s name.
8. If the teacher is there, a photo of your child and their teacher.
9. Take a photo of your child beside and in his desk.
10. Take a photo of the school clock when your child arrives.
11. Take one last picture of your child waving good-bye to you – in their classroom (if they let you go that far), exiting the car at school or getting on the school bus.
12. Snap a photo of your child doing her first homework assignment (Be sure and keep a copy of the homework to mount in child’s School Days Album along with the photo.)